Monday, May 11, 2009

Cup Number 7 is a Masterpiece



Obi Wan glazed this one as a demonstrator also. I liked it so much I decided to use this glaze combo on a lot of pieces. It solves two problems. First, as I already mentioned, glazing is a not easy to do. I think a whole class could be taught on glazing alone yet we only touched on it in class. Our main goal was to focus on physical construction on sound items that can with stand the stress of 2600 degree firings in the kiln. The second goal achieved is being able to easily identify your work in the lock up cabinets when they are all done. If I ever get invited to a "bring your own cup" tea ceremony this is my cup of choice.

UPDATE

Well I never did get invited to a tea party so this little guy found its ultimate purpose in life as a holder for the toothpaste. And no the pink toothbrush is not mine. The rubberband on the Aquafresh ensures that the red white and blue stripes look just as good at the end of the tube as they do at the beginning. Anyone who is an Aquafresh fan will understand this. Any one who has OCD will get it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment